If you are going to remodel your kitchen and planning to dispose of the old kitchen cabinets, don’t do it. Instead, you can try selling kitchen cabinets. This will not only help you get rid of old kitchen cabinets also get you some quick cash.
Now if you are thinking about how it is even possible, let us tell you that in Singapore, remodeling the kitchen is quite an expensive endeavor as the new kitchen cabinets are very expensive. Therefore, there are a lot of people all around Singapore who cannot pay for expensive kitchen cabinets and are looking for a deal where they can purchase used kitchen cabinets at a lower price. So this creates an opportunity for you to sell your old kitchen cabinets and earn some money.
If you don’t know how to sell kitchen cabinets, don’t fret! In this article, we have explained it all in detail for you. So let’s jump into the article.
Determine the price of your kitchen cabinets
Rule number one towards selling anything is to determine its worth and set an optimal and ideal price for it. The same goes for selling kitchen cabinets, so start with finding the worth of your kitchen cabinets and set an appropriate price for them in order to make a successful sale. If you don’t know how to price used kitchen cabinets, don’t worry! We will teach you everything.
How to price used kitchen cabinets?
There are a few factors that play a crucial role in determining the price of used kitchen cabinets and some of them are given below:
Age of kitchen cabinets
Age plays an important role in pricing the kitchen cabinets. Just like any other thing in the market, kitchen cabinets also start losing their value once they have been used. So set an appropriate price according to the age of the cabinets.
- Material Used: Some kitchen cabinets are made of precious and rare material such as an expensive type of wood, etc. Therefore, such cabinets usually sell at a higher price than the ordinary cabinets. So also keep the material of your cabinets in account while pricing them.
- Condition of Kitchen Cabinets: Another factor that determines the price of kitchen cabinets is their condition. If your kitchen cabinets are cracked, damaged, or in bad shape due to wear and tear, it will have a significant impact on the price because the buyer will later have to spend more money on damaged cabinets to restore them and make them worth using. So keep the condition in account while pricing the kitchen cabinets.
- Use Online Calculator: There are a lot of online calculators that help you determine the price of your furniture so you can use any of them. It will ask about the details of your kitchen cabinets like age, condition and give out the price. Aptdeco.com & Bluebookfurniture.com are some of the best furniture calculators.
- Significance: Sometimes, kitchen cabinets hold some special cultural, religious, and historical significance. If your kitchen cabinets also have any such significance, you can keep it in account while pricing the cabinets.
- Use The Internet: You can also determine the price of your cabinet by using the internet. Go to any of the online marketplaces like e-bay, Craiglist, and Singapore Facebook marketplace groups and look for kitchen cabinets similar to that of yours. Once you find one, you can compare its price, condition and properties with yours and it will surely help you set the ideal price for your kitchen cabinets.
- Ask your friends: You can also ask your friends and relatives on how much they are willing to pay for your kitchen cabinets. This will help you get an idea of the actual worth of your kitchen cabinets.
- Shop for Similar Kitchen Cabinets: You can also visit any of the nearest markets selling kitchen cabinets, check the conditions and price of those cabinets and it will help you price your kitchen cabinets. You can also ask anyone in the market to help you with setting the right price for your kitchen cabinets.
Where to sell kitchen cabinets
Once you have set the price for your kitchen cabinets, the next step is to sell them. There are a lot of sale avenues where you can sell these kitchen cabinets and earn money.
Sell them online
Internet is a huge marketplace with thousands of people buying and selling items all the time. There are a lot of online marketplaces like e-bay, Craiglist, and Facebook marketplace where you can upload the photos of your kitchen cabinets along with their details like price, condition, dimensions, color, shape, size and the people interested in purchasing them will contact you.
Selling through the internet can be very quick if you do it the right way. Here are some tips that will help you:
- Post High-Quality Photos: The pictures you will post on the internet will tell the whole story about your kitchen cabinets. So take clear and high-quality photos of your kitchen cabinets to convince the buyer that he is purchasing the best thing.
- Give every single detail: While purchasing something online, buyers are eager to learn more and more about the product. So make sure you lay out everything in detail and answer all the questions in the mind of the buyer. Post all the details like shape, size, dimension, color, material, age, and manufacturer.
- Don’t Hide Any Damage: You are selling used kitchen cabinets! As they are used, there are chances that they could be damaged, the buyer knows it, you know it, and everyone knows it. So if your kitchen cabinets are damaged due to wear and tear, don’t hesitate to share it with the buyer. Due to your honesty, the buyer will feel confident towards purchasing them as they’ll be sure that you are not hiding anything and they know what they’re paying for.
Sell it to a furniture resale shop
There are a lot of furniture resale shops in Singapore where they purchase used furniture and sell it at a markup to earn a profit. You can also sell contact them, tell them about your kitchen cabinets and make a deal with them.
Sell it through consignment stores
There are some consignment stores in Singapore that will sell kitchen cabinets for you and take a percentage of money from the profit. You can also give them a shot