Table of Contents
If you have bought new patio furniture, and now you are worried about how to get rid of old patio furniture, don’t worry! You are at the right place. In this article, our experts have dropped tips on how to deal with old patio furniture.
The first thing that comes you’re your mind whenever you look at your old patio furniture, is to throw it out. But wait, because that’s not the only option. There are many other ways to deal with old patio furniture as well and some of them are listed below:
Donate your old patio furniture
If don’t need your old patio furniture anymore but if they are still in good shape and worth using, then instead of throwing it out, you can donate it to someone in Singapore. If you have no idea where you should donate your old patio furniture, don’t fret! We are here to help you.
- Non-Profit Welfare Organizations: There are scores of non-profit welfare organizations all across Singapore, voluntarily doing social work for the betterment of humanity. These organizations have significant services in the fields of education, healthcare, and the welfare of human beings in Singapore. They need your support to continue their mission, and you can help them by donating your old patio furniture to them. They will make the best use of it according to their needs.
- Give it to an Artist: Artists work very hard and deserve appreciation. You can also donate your old patio furniture to an artist. You can find a lot of them online.
- Donate to an Animal Shelter: There are a lot of animal shelters in Singapore where they take care of helpless animals. You can show your support to them by donating them your old patio furniture. They will either use it or sell it as per their requirements.
Sell your old patio furniture
If your old patio furniture is in good shape then you can also earn some cash by selling it. There are a lot of ways to sell old patio furniture in Singapore and we have dropped some of them below:
- Furniture Resale Stores: There are many furniture resale stores all across Singapore where they buy used furniture from people and sell it at a markup to gain profit. You can find many of them on Google. So contact them and tell them about the details of your old patio furniture, they will check it out and purchase it from you if they are interested.
- Consignment Shops: If you are struggling to find a customer for your old patio furniture, then you can also try selling it through a consignment shop. Consignment shops usually work in this way that they will the old patio furniture for you and in return, they take a percentage of money from the profit. Consignment shops are usually a better option than furniture resale stores because furniture resale stores try to purchase the used furniture at the minimum possible price so that they can sell it at a markup to earn a profit.
- Selling Online: Selling online is one of the most convenient and quickest ways. Why? It is because, in Singapore, almost everyone is connected to the internet. There are a lot of online market places where thousands of people sell and purchase things. You can also try posting about your old patio furniture on any of the famous online market places such as facebook marketplace, facebook group, e-bay, Craiglist, and even shopee. These online marketplaces will allow you to upload pictures of your old patio furniture along with its details and price. The interested customers will then check your furniture and purchase it if they are interested in it.
Tips for Selling Old Patio Furniture
Selling things online can be stressful if you do it the wrong way. Here are some tips that you should follow while selling old patio furniture online:
- Post High-Quality Photos: Remember that when you are selling things online, the buyer will make his final decision after looking at the photos you have posted. So clean your patio furniture and take high-quality pictures of it during prime daylight. It will help the buyer to be confident about making the purchase.
- Mention All Details: All buyers have dozens of questions to ask whenever they are purchasing something. Similarly, when someone will look at your furniture, they will be eager to know more about it. So post all the details about your old patio furniture like its shape, size, dimension, condition, age, material, and manufacturer.
- Set an appropriate price: Remember you are selling old patio furniture and you cannot sell it at the retail price. Therefore set the price as low as possible to quickly find a potential buyer.
Recycle your old patio furniture
If you will dispose of old patio furniture, it will eventually take place in a landfill. Instead, you can opt for an environment-friendly method by recycling your old patio furniture.
Recycled patio furniture can be used for a lot of purposes and some of which are given below:
- Bed for Pets: If you have some pets at home then you can bless with a luxurious and comfortable bed by transforming your patio furniture into a pet bed.
- Picture Frames: Patio chairs can be transformed into elegant picture frames that you can use to dress up your walls.
- Swing: Need some entertainment? Remove the legs of your patio chair, tie the seat with a strong rope and use it as a swing.
- Drinks Storage: Old patio chairs can be very useful for parties as you can use them to store drinks.
Dispose of patio furniture
If none of the above methods are suitable for you then the last option is to simply dispose of the old patio furniture. There are many ways to legally dispose of old patio furniture in Singapore.
- Furniture Disposal Service: You can call any of the certified furniture disposal services and they will get to you at the time and place of your choosing.
- Scrap Metal Dealer: Most patio furniture made of metal. We recommend sell them to local scrap metal dealer.
- Local Disposal Service: You can also call your local town disposal service and pay them to get rid of your old patio furniture.